National Diabetes Prevention Program in New Mexico
The National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP) is a partnership of public and private organizations working to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. Partners make it easier for people at risk for type 2 diabetes to participate in evidence-based lifestyle change programs to reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Total: 34.2 million people have diabetes (10.5% of the US population)
- Diagnosed: 26.9 million people, including 26.8 million adults
- Undiagnosed: 7.3 million people (21.4% are undiagnosed)
- Total: 88 million people aged 18 years or older have prediabetes (34.5% of the adult US population)
- 65 years or older: 24.2 million people aged 65 years or older have prediabetes
Professional Development Trainings
Visit the Professional Development Trainings tab below to learn more and to register today!
The National Diabetes Prevention Program in New Mexico is funded by the New Mexico Department of Health Diabetes Prevention and Control Program.